Customer Service – Field Rep
Minimum 2 years in fast-paced residential construction, knowledge of all aspects of construction trades, and ability to perform light finish trade work. We seek someone with good written and verbal communication skills (including telephone etiquette), solid planning and organizational skills, and the ability to keep detailed documentation.
Candidates must have their own transportation and tools, a valid driver’s license, as well as hands-on experience with drywall, paint, and light finish carpentry or carpentry punchwork. Punchout experience with a home builder is preferred. Customer service experience is required. A professional appearance is a requisite for this position.
Summary of Position Requirements:
Responds to and handles customer care requests professionally and as quickly as possible. Responsible for evaluating requests, scheduling trades to complete work, issuing service requests and purchase orders, expedite repairs and ensure homeowner satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Manages completion of quality home repairs within standards set by company and industry specifications
Respond to homeowner service calls as assigned by the, Customer Care Coordinator and/or Customer Care Manager
Contact homeowner within 24 hours and inspect calls within 72 hours after receiving service request
Evaluates homeowner request to determine whether repair is warrantable or the responsibility of homeowner
Monitors business partners work for completion and satisfaction of repairs
Open and close Web Requests, Service Requests and Work orders, as needed
Completes minor home repairs; obtains customer’s approval/signature for completed service requests
Monitors status reports for accuracy
Expedites emergency repairs
Assists in maintaining community standards
Perform Demonstrations, 60 day and 11 month post close homeowner warranty requests
Participates in rotation of “After Hours” On Call program
Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum 2 years customer service experience required, preferably with a home builder or apartment industry
• Must possess good organizational and time-management skills, communicate effectively, and understand technical aspects of residential construction
• Able to analyze problems, determine solutions, and produce desired outcome
• Intermediate to advanced PC skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess professional attitude to represent company in a positive manner
• Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical/dental, 401(k) with a company match.